Applied Enterprise & Entrepreneurship (E&E) is a multi-disciplinary programme of studies developed by the SAY School of Business to enable learners to achieve full and recognised educational qualifications in business, management and E&E our independently negotiated university partners. Applied Enterprise & Entrepreneurship (E&E) is a bespoke and proprietary programme, which provides learners with the opportunity to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, the complete set of entrepreneurial skills, whilst engaging with the process and the ability to function effectively in an existing business or to plan, join or set up and run a new business venture.
Applied Enterprise & Entrepreneurship is designed to prepare successful candidates to operate effectively in different commercial environments or continue in full degree studies by developing academic and professional skills, building confidence, thought independence, knowledge of their business environment and the way industries operate in their countries.
Our course is flexible and affordable and can run for one (1), two (2) or three (3 terms) or 1, 2 or 2+ years, depending on choices at the start which enable learners to follow different learning paths, each one being aligned with a specific learning stream of content.
Level 4 (Year 1) Diploma in Applied Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
The Level 4 (Year 1) Diploma is a 120-credit qualification, for which learners must complete a total of six (6) mandatory units worth 105 credits and one (1) optional unit worth at least 15 credits.
The SAY School’s policy regarding access to Applied E&E do not focus on what has been done prior to joining SAY, but on the rich possibilities of what can be done upon successful completion of the qualifications. The L4 Diploma in Applied E&E is designed for learners who are aged 18 and above, and who may have recently been in education or training. The entry profile is likely to include one or more of the following:
- A proven capacity for self-motivation and independent study;
- An educational qualification equivalent to a UK Level 3 or a High School Certificate or Diploma;
- Work experience or experience of running own business;
- An appropriate level of spoken and written English (English level may be tested verbally before start).
L4 Diploma (E&E) Syllabus
- Introduction to the Wonders of Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
- Creativity, Innovation & Design (15 credits)
- New Venture Creation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurial Marketing & Sales (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurial Finance I: Funding (15 credits)
- Company Research Project (30 credits)
Our teaching is delivered in intensive teaching blocks, which lasts for a set number of weeks so learners have from one term (~2 months) to three terms (~6 months) to complete all units. Upon successful completion of a Level 4 Diploma (E&E), the following progression opportunities are open to learners:
- the Level 5 Diploma or Extended Diploma (E&E);
- a degree programme in a SAY partner university with the ability to claim exemptions for the units completed; or
- start their own new business venture under the mentorship of the SAY School of Business
The fee for the L4 Diploma (E&E) is GBP £999 payable in full on registration.
N.B. If purchased as a package of three diplomas, the total fee is £3,999 payable in full on initial registration.