By partnering with ATHE, we have gained access to three levels of ATHE Business and Administrative Management (B&AM) qualifications that are designed to provide learners with enhanced job prospects in a range of industries at middle management levels. The core selection of management subjects include Human Resources, Marketing, Finance and Strategy and a selection of five optional specialisms that will enable access to management.
Level 5 (Year 2) Diploma in Business & Administrative Management
The qualification in Business and Administrative Management (B&AM) at Level 5 has been developed by ATHE to conform to the requirements of employers, learners and centres such as the SAY School. The qualification is not industry-specific but delivers the broad skills, knowledge and understanding required for learners who aspire to roles in business and administrative management in different sectors.
The Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management is a 120-credit qualification, equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. At level 5, learners are expected to understand the more strategic aspects of business administration as well as governance structures, organisational contexts and strategic decision making. Learners must complete nine (9) mandatory units and two (2) optional units.
The SAY School is guided by the ATHE’s policy regarding access to qualifications which are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. The ATHE policy states that access to qualifications:
- should be available to everyone who is capable of reaching the required standards
- should be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- should be equal opportunities for all those wishing to access the qualifications
In addition, the SAY School is compelled to review the prior qualifications and experience of each learner and consider whether they meet the necessary foundations to undertake the level 5 programme of study.
- Operations Management
- Information for Strategic Decision Making
- Advanced Finance for Business Managers
- The Context of Corporate Governance
- Organisational Analysis and Change
- Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management Strategy
- Leadership, Motivation and Group Dynamics
- Business Research
- Plus 2 Options
Learners have from one term (~2 months) to six terms (~12 months) to complete all units. Upon successful completion of a Level 5 Diploma (B&AM), several progression opportunities open to learners who may progress to:
- the Level 6 Diploma or Extended Diploma (B&AM); or to
- other ATHE Certificates and Diplomas in Management at a higher level; or to
- a degree programme in a partner university and claim exemptions for some of the units completed; or to
- employment in the private, public or third sectors For more information, see: https://athe.co.uk/level-5-business-and-administrative-management-qualification/
The fee for the L5 Diploma (B&AM) is GBP £1,999 payable in full on registration.