By partnering with ATHE, we have gained access to three levels of Business and Management (B&M) Qualifications that are designed to provide learners with entry level job prospects in a range of industries, with a core selection of management subjects such as Managing People, Marketing, Finance and Strategy and a wide selection of optional specialisms such as Business Ethics and Islamic Finance.
The ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management has been designed with support from universities for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in mid- and senior level management and a range of careers. It covers key areas of management with a range of optional units and the opportunity to specialise in areas such as Finance, Managing People, Sales and Marketing and Operations. There are two different qualifications available on the specification.
1. There is a 60-credit diploma for which you must study two (2) mandatory units and two (2) optional units.
2. There is a 120-credit extended diploma for which you must study four (4) mandatory units and four (4) optional units.
- Provides five optional pathways: General, Finance, Marketing/Sales, Managing People and Operations
- Will be delivered by distance learning.
- Graded Pass, Merit and Distinction
The SAY School is guided by the ATHE’s policy regarding access to qualifications which are designed for learners who are typically aged 19 and above:
- They should be available to everyone who is capable of reaching the required standards
- They should be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- There should be equal opportunities for all those wishing to access the qualifications
- SAY School will review the prior qualifications and experience of each learner and consider whether they provide the necessary foundations to undertake further study (Level 6).
Upon entry, learners can select one of five management pathways: (i) General or ‘unendorsed route’; (ii) Finance; (iii) Managing People; (iv) Operations Management; or (v) Sales & Marketing.
- Learners taking the Finance Pathway take two of the four core units not taken plus two units from the Finance Pathway
- Learners taking the Managing People Pathway take two of four core units not taken plus two units from the Managing People Pathway
- Learners taking the Operations Management Pathway take two of the four core units not taken plus then two of the five units from the Operations Management Pathway
- Learners taking the Sales and Marketing Pathway take two of the four core units not taken plus then two of the four units from the Sales and Marketing Pathway.
- Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Plus 2 Options
The qualification initially requires 4 core/mandatory units and two optional units worth 90 credits; and typically, learners will have from two terms to six (6) months to complete all units. Upon completion of the Level 6 (B&M) Diploma provides entry to an MBA at a range of ATHE universities in the UK and overseas. For more information on the Diploma, see: https://athe.co.uk/athe-level-6-extended-diploma-in-management/ For more on progression to an MBA see: https://www.athe.co.uk/progression
The fee for the L6 Diploma (B&M) is GBP £1,999 payable in full on registration