The Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management is a 120-credit qualification that was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from universities. The qualification covers key areas of management including Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Personal Development and prepares learners for a range of careers. Successful completion enables entry to an MBA top-up at selected UK universities.
The qualification has several clear benefits; first, it typically takes 9 months (one academic year) of full-time study to achieve but can be completed in two successive terms at the SAY School (a minimum of 16 to 20 weeks). Second, it offers five optional pathways, so learners can specialise: General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People andInternational. Third, all modules/units are graded on a Pass-Merit-Distinction basis, which relieves the anxiety of final exams and allows learners to focus on acquiring practical and useful skills. Finally, successful completion enables progression to an MBA top-up at a selection of UK university partners: www.athe.co.uk/progression
The SAY School is guided by the ATHE’s policy regarding access to qualifications which are designed for learners who are typically aged 19 and above. These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved an undergraduate business/management qualification as well as for learners who do not have academic qualifications but may have prior management and/or work experience, though they will typically fit the below profile.
- A first degree in Business, Management or related subject
- Relevant management and/or work experience of at least 3 to 5 years
- A level 6 qualification, e.g. or ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management
Upon entry, learners will study five Core units and three Optional units, which will determine their management pathway: (i) General (Unendorsed); (ii) Finance; (iii) Managing People; (iv) Marketing; or (v) International.
- Strategic Planning
- Finance for Strategic Managers
- Research for Strategic Development
- Organisational Development
- Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
Plus 3 Optional units
- For the General (Unendorsed) pathway, learners take the core units plus any three of the optional units.
- For the Finance Pathway, learners take the five core units plus three of the four units in the Finance Pathway.
- For the Marketing Pathway, learners taking take the five core units plus the three units from the Marketing Pathway.
- For the Managing People Pathway, learners take the five core units plus the three units in the Managing People Pathway
- Learners taking the International Pathway take the five core units plus the three units in the International Pathway.
In SAY’s intensive approach to teaching, learners could complete the core units (75 credits) in the first 8-week Teaching Block and the three optional units (45 credits) in the second 8-week Teaching Block, though learners will have up to three such contiguous teaching blocks (~6 months) to complete the 120 credits for the Level 7 Extended Diploma.
Upon completion, learners can progress to an MBA Top-up at a partner university, which typically takes 9 months (one academic year) to complete and varies in price from ~£3,500 to more than £9,000, depending on which university is selected. For more information, please visit: www.athe.co.uk/progression
The fee for the L7 Extended Business & Management Diploma is GBP £2,499 payable in full on registration or by instalments by prior agreement.